It is week no. 2 for our Me & Mine group. This week we were to take faceless portraits. This is such a great concept–I love that I had to think of how I wanted to communicate the important details about my children right now without showing their faces.

1.) a little guy who is new to wearing underwear, but doing a great job 2.) the same little guy wearing some converse sneakers holding a favorite stuffed animal 3.) my middle guy who is obsessed with all things WWE  4.) my oldest who is currently learning to play the recorder 5.) my sweet scruffy Maisy Daisy

Now you can enjoy viewing the other photographers in our circle, beginning with the incredibly talented Orange County Photographer,  Allison Jacobs. I can’t wait to see her faceless portrait.

11 Responses to “Project 26 Me & Mine {faceless portraits} | Williamsville, NY child photographer”

1. Carey Pace says:

oh gracious. perfection. I love each of these so, so, so much! the underwear shot though is the most awesome. And we have the same pig! Cora named him “Wilburt”. not Wilbur, Wilburt. Your processing is utter perfection.

2. celestejones says:

These are awesome! I love the big boy underwear shot, and your perspective on the wrestling men shot. I love them all!

3. Gail Pomare says:

YAY, congratulations for having an undie boy!!! WOOT WOOT! These really rock the house as a fabulous interpretation of capture the true essence. Just love ’em to the moon and back. Great stuff Melissa

4. I love all these every day moments captured as faceless portraits. Your images are so super gorgeous + your processing is amazing too! Love.them.all!

5. heidi says:

I love love love that you shot each kid. LOVE IT! Great to record their current interests…I am inspired to do this now, as they change so quickly, moving on to the next thing, so it’s so nice to have these recorded. 🙂 Love the processing as well!

6. Heather Moll says:

i love this challenge! and i love seeing what you chose to focus on. beautiful set of photos, m.

7. Lora Swinson says:

oh wow, these are BEYOND perfection…I am in love with that lost shot. I love his/her little nose being the focal point. These are wonderful!

8. Becky Earl says:

I adore your work. Truly. That first image where you can see the indents from where his socks were. Be still my heart.

9. ok, i know this is a little strange, but my favorite thing about the first shot is the little indentions of his socks on his leg! Love it! great captures this week!

10. Suzanne says:

I have to say the first one is my very favorite. I pray to take pictures of my son like this soon. 🙂 (We hope to do some potty training this summer) It just reminds me of laying around as a kid and how I see my kids do now. Love your black and white processing!

11. Hi Melissa,

I never knew you has this blog too…what a nice surprise! You will always be my lovely introduction to this amazing world of blogging.

These faceless photos of yours are wonderful…I really like them and I am definitely going to try to take some too. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration…as always 🙂

Georgiax