This week, our group of photographers was challenged to photograph and interpret the theme, on the shelf. I intended to photograph some of my vintage finds from estate sales that grace the shelves in my living room or my vintage camera collection, but I ended up visiting Jackson’s room and snapped a photo of a small shelf in his room. I made him the framed ABC poster last week after seeing a similar one on etsy. It won’t be long before this room needs to be converted into a big boy room and it will no longer be the nursery, so I will savor this image (and many others) and all the beautiful memories I have of my babies sleeping in this nursery.

Now you can click on this link to visit the fabulous, Jessica Richter and see how she photographed on the shelf.

8 Responses to “52 on Friday {on the shelf} | Williamsville, NY child photographer”

1. Debbie says:

Sweet collections and I really like the alphabets in the frame. I love all the colors here, especially the color of the wall. So soothing. I am sure it’s a very pretty nursery.

2. Krista Keller photography | Danville ca says:

Now that’s a pretty shelf! I wished all my shelves looked like your. No fair! ;). Beautiful shot!

3. Laurie says:

Such sweet sentiments Melissa.. and LOVE the colors of this room! 🙂
    I love estate shopping, most of my collection is old dishes, silverware and kitchen towels for photo shoots, but recently I have been looking for props for photo shoots with children and babies. I have seen so many vintage baby bonnets and bows. Now all I need is the clients. 🙂

4. jules says:

i love your blog and i adore this image. so beautiful and so well loved.

5. Kristen says:

Sooo sweet!!!! Love those days of my kids being little.

6. emily says:

First off, I’m really impressed by the alphabet sign. This image is so sweet… I wish that I had a photo like this of some of my daughter’s baby toys. also, love the softness. 🙂

7. Kate says:

this is so sweet Melissa…you will always treasure these little memories…I remember thinking that the baby stage would never end, and now it seems like it is fading away for all of my boys! They are growing up!!

8. Lisa Turner says:

What a cute idea and I love that you made the print yourself! Always love your work Melissa.