Each Friday, I am joining 17 fellow photographers in photographing a specific theme. The theme for this week is food. I just love photographing food and for some reason, I usually gravitate towards photographing sweets. Sweet treats are often colorful and have wonderful texture, making them the perfect photographic subjects. With Easter just around the corner, I decided to photograph Peeps…an Easter staple for me. Even though, I don’t like eating them, I do love how they look and they bring back lots of memories from Easter Sundays when I was a child. For the most part, my boys don’t like them either, but they know the Easter bunny will still put them in their baskets!

Continue to see how the other photographers in our group photographed food by visiting the wonderfully talented, Jenn and keep blog hopping from there.

10 Responses to “52 on Friday {food} | Williamsville, NY photographer”

1. emily horton says:

I LOVE THESE! Loved the pink one, then scrolled down and LOVE LOVE LOVE the yellows. Great job!!! 🙂

2. jenn says:

ooohhhhh how I loooove these and not just b/c I so love peeps either! I’ve got to take a few shots of my own and use them as Easter decor! fun, fun, fun!

3. Gail Pomare says:

my mother in law sent Mac some of these a couple of years ago, I threw them out, I had no clue they are an american easter staple lol… you peeps do crazy things to food. …and you do crazy cool things with it too…love these.

4. Kelly B. says:

These are beautiful!!! Okay, now I want to go get some Easter candy and play!! Love these!!

5. Lisa Turner says:

Oh everyone knows Peeps ! And they are disgusting, but just remind us all of Easter and spring! I especially love that second one! You should print it out and put it in a cute easter frame on your kitchen counter.

6. jules says:

one of the yummiest memories of spring! so fun!

7. Yes I agree with Jules. One of my favorite memories of spring…although I aways made myself sick on them. 🙂

8. KellyW says:

Love these! Agree that they are gross, but they are the ubiquitous Easter “treat.”

9. I love the peep chicks. So adorable, almost too cute to eat!

10. Hannah says:

I love the peeps one. It’s a great food shot and super cute : )