I am thrilled to share with you that I am partaking in a creative photography adventure for the next 52 weeks with 16 other photographers. We have collaborated on a list of 52 themes, one for each week of the year. I will take a photograph that demonstrates how I interpreted the theme and post it on my blog each Friday.  Then below my image, you will see a link to another photographer who is also partaking in the challenge.  She too will have another link on her post.  You will love having the opportunity to hop from one blog to the next and see how different photographers were inspired by the same theme/prompt.  The talent in this group is amazing!

Our first theme for this week is self-portraits.  We thought this would be a great way to put a face with a name and really see who we are. It can often be difficult for photographers to reverse roles and be in front of the camera, but it is a great reminder to us of what we are asking of our clients.  My self-portrait includes me and my littlest guy, Jack. It is especially meaningful to me because he is giving me some love in this image.  I am first a mama & wife, then a photographer, so that is what I chose to share in my self-portrait.  I also included a favorite quote by Brian Andreas in my image. I am a lover of quotes…I have notebooks full.

self-portrait

Now you can enjoy visting Jenn’s blog and seeing her self-portrait.

29 Responses to “52 on Friday | Williamsville, NY photographer”

1. Gigi says:

Beautiful and J is so sweet! Loved your quote too, so true!

2. Shauna says:

Oh wow.. stunning portrait, Melissa. I SooOo wish I had a pic like this of Felix and I. Simply beautiful.

3. I love this so much Melissa. I love that quote!!! This is such a wonderful moment captured of you just bein mama. 🙂

4. Sarah Bunch says:

Oh, Melissa, your post gave me goosebumps. You are one beautiful lady and this is one lovely image.

5. hope says:

this my friend is beautiful…frame it!! love it!

6. Lisa Turner says:

WOW…love this. So soft and quiet. Nicely done.

7. Jayme Franklin says:

Melissa- this is amazing. I love love love that your self portrait includes your youngest. I can’t wait to follow your journey in this project 52.

8. wendy says:

Gorgeous! Your tones are soft and beautiful. Love your quote so much. And you are just stunning.

9. Krista says:

Melissa – So cute! I love the “love” he is giving you…..I miss the snuggle in the neck stuff! Such a sweet moment to catch. Wish I had one with my kids…..sigh. Great Job!

10. KellyW says:

Melissa – Two similarities – my baby (11, and will not fit in my arms 🙁 ) is Jack and I have that quote on my wall right next to me. You look fantastic, btw.

11. Hannah says:

Just beautiful Melissa. Great quote too.

12. Jessica R says:

Beautiful photo! One you’ll cherish forever!

13. this is amazing melissa!! love love love.

14. Laura says:

Love the addition of the quote!

15. Melissa I love this and that quote is just perfect. You are so beautiful, great job!

16. jules says:

love the baby lovin’
    gorgeous!

17. Chrissy says:

Beautiful! I’m a quote lover, too. This is such a sweet photo 🙂

18. Christina says:

Just loved flipping through all the blogs and seeing all your different takes on “self portrait. Really looking forward to you taking our family pictures this summer.

19. Kristen says:

Aww… how sweet is this picture. Love it!!!!

20. emily horton says:

perfect quote for a perfect self-portrait. i love this one. 🙂

21. Heather Moll says:

this is so sweet. what a beautiful capture.

22. […] Friday again…the weeks sure do go by quickly.  The theme for this week’s photographic journey is new/beginnings. Whenever I think of the word newand fresh beginnings, I see the color white in […]

23. […] week our group of 17 other photographers and myself focused on close-ups. As most of you know, I love my macro lens, so I loved this prompt. However, […]

24. […] week my fellow photographers and I that are taking this year-long photographic journey were challenged to photograph money. And, it was a special week for us as this little guy lost his […]

25. […] Friday again and that  means another photographic prompt for myself and the 17 other photographers who are on this year-long journey to interpret various themes in our photographs. This week’s […]

26. […] week’s photographic journey that I am partaking with 17 fellow photographers. You can see this post to learn more about this year-long project if you are interested. I decided to photograph my middle […]

27. […] week’s theme for myself and the 16 other photographers in our group was to photograph flowers…definitely one of my most favorite subjects to photograph. I need no […]

28. […] Friday and that means that I photographed my interpretation of nature along with 17 fellow photographers. One of the things I love best about summer is how the […]